Field Service Technician I
Oil & Gas
- Ensuring that all the necessary tools, gear, and spare parts are on site, ready to use, and in good working order prior to starting each task.
- Keeping track of essential dimensions to guarantee assembly, and product operating methods are acquired and evaluated.
- Maintaining clear communication with engineers, rig crews, and managers.
- Establish positive working relationships with all customers and stakeholders.
- Answering client calls quickly and effectively.
- Detect errors and provide operators tips on how to keep their equipment in good working order.
- Identifying and resolving electrical and mechanical problems as they arise.
$27.00 – $32.00 per hour
Core Competencies Required
Must possess great mechanical proficiency, Strong written and verbal communication skills, Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, Effective interpersonal and customer service skills, Must be able to think swiftly and optimistically in response to change.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license.
- H2S Alive License.
- First Aid/CPR License.