Derrickhand – Oil and Gas Drilling
Oil & Gas
- Aligning and stacking sections of drill pipe or stem from a platform on the rig derrick.
- Analyzing situations and altering the pumping method by reading gauges.
- Keeping a record of the mudflows and volumes.
- Conducting derrick inspections while working at height.
- Performing housekeeping tasks such as cleaning, tidying, etc on the rig and maintaining the equipment.
- Measuring mud density by carrying out viscosity tests.
- Assisting with putting up, taking down, and transporting rig and service equipment from place to place.
$35 – $40 per hour
Core Competencies Required
Must be physically fit to handle heavy loads up to 50lbs, Phenomenal hand-to-eye coordination and manual dexterity, Able to work in extreme weather situations, such as hot/cold, storm, rain, etc, Must be able to work for long periods of time (12-hour shift).
- A valid driver’s license
- H2S Alive License
- Standard First Aid/CPR License