Derrickhand – Oil and Gas Drilling
Oil & Gas
- Performing housekeeping tasks such as cleaning, tidying, etc on the rig and maintaining the equipment.
- Keeping a record of the mudflows and volumes.
- Measuring mud density by carrying out viscosity tests.
- Assisting with putting up, taking down, and transporting of rig and service equipment from place to place.
- Aligning and stacking sections of drill pipe or stem from a platform on the rig derrick.
- Analyzing situations and altering the pumping method by reading gauges.
$38.00 – $40.00 per hour
Core Competencies Required
Must be physically fit to handle heavy loads up to 50lbs, Must be able to work in confined spaces without any hesitation, Exceptional hand-to-eye coordination and manual dexterity, Able to work in extreme weather situations, such as hot/cold, storm, rain, etc, Must possess a clean criminal record and be able to pass a drug test.
- A valid driver’s license
- H2S Alive License
- Standard First Aid/CPR License