Derrickhand – Oil and Gas Drilling
Oil & Gas
- Helping with putting up, taking down, and transportation of rig and service equipment from place to place.
- Aligning and stacking sections of drill pipe or stem from a platform on the rig derrick.
- Analyzing situations and altering the pumping method by reading gauges.
- Driving the well services vehicle to the well location.
- Connecting the pumps and hoses to the wellhead.
- Performing housekeeping tasks such as cleaning, tidying, etc on the rig and maintaining the equipment.
- Measuring mud density by carrying out viscosity tests.
$38.25 – $42.62 per hour
Core Competencies Required
Must be physically fit to handle heavy loads up to 50lbs, Outstanding hand-to-eye coordination, Able to work in extreme weather situations, such as hot/cold, storm, rain, etc, Able to work well in a rapid-paced environment.
- A valid driver’s license
- H2S Alive License
- Standard First Aid/CPR License