Maintenance Worker Job Description and Position Overview
Are you tired of seeking maintenance workers and their jobs? No worries! You have come to the right place.
Here, in this article, we’ve assembled all the essential things you need to know. Stick with it and enjoy reading till the end.
A maintenance worker or Building Maintenance Worker job description is somehow like companies hire them for different projects.
It can be a one-day project or 6 months. Some companies or even hotels hire them permanently. They are divided according to their skills.
They have to check different types of equipment, and if needed, they have to repair the specific problem. To perform well in all this, you must have some experience in your particular field.
They can either be associated with any company or might be working independently. Housekeepers can also be seen in the apartment maintenance job description.
One should be highly skilled and have enough knowledge to be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
Have command of your work with power tools and some hand picking machines because sometimes there can be no one to help them and you have to pick up everything on your own.
Who is a Maintenance Worker?
A maintenance worker is a person responsible for maintaining mechanical things like machines and buildings.
Maintenance workers, also known as repair workers, can fix and maintain equipment, and machines like cars or those used for construction in housing maintenance job descriptions.
Some of their other works can include plumbing, painting, flooring, repair, upkeep, electrical, heating, and air conditioning system maintenance like in hotels or restaurants. They also have another medium by which they can easily find their respective jobs according to their interests in online maintenance jobs.
It can be their initial chance to earn and have a good start to a career. It makes workers employed and is also helpful for people because they can find employers and candidates for their targeted approach. They can contact and hire them easily.
If they need a housing maintenance job description, they will provide you with the most experience in specific work and with high management skills.
Engineers, specialists, and other maintenance workers can quickly come in contact with the owner as the online working jobs provide all the facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities of Maintenance Workers
- Make sure everything is neat and clean.
- Check all the broken or damaged furniture, and any light bulbs for changing or fixing any switch.
- Gardening must be done once a week, and all the plants must be watered.
- Glass surfaces and windows must be cleaned regularly.
- Always keep in mind to stock the storeroom.
- Do daily maintenance of house safety systems like fire alarms, smoke detectors, and fuse boxes.
- Work with an open eye and detect the upcoming problem before time.
- All the trash must be collected and disposed of immediately.
- If there is a need to install new equipment or machines, do it.
- Check the linen room and re-stocked it when needed.
- Maintain the internal environment by checking ventilators and thermostats.
- Keep the items in a safe place and away from children.
- Be consistent and maintain good behavior with your co-workers.
- Make sure to give weekly reports to higher authorities.
What are the Requirements to Become a Maintenance Worker?
Electricians are the ones who work on machines or instruments that are connected to electricity,
Like in factory areas, homes, businesses, and buildings that can be under construction; they put new things or parts of the machine and maintain power, lighting, and other management systems.
- Completion of trained worker apprenticeship
- Expertise operating as an electrician
- High-school diploma
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have received a worker’s degree from a technical college
- Deep electrical system, power generation, blueprints, and maintenance and repair knowledge
- Competence in the field of renewable energies
Their work is to clean and maintain the decorum of schools, offices, libraries, and hospitals. They usually work off-time in order to clean after and before garbage that has been created during work hours.
- Time management skills are considered
- Efficient working in the absence of higher authorities
- Must be strong enough to carry 25 pounds quickly
- Should be able to handle essential maintenance, building repairs, cleaning, and other janitorial work
- You should know basic math skills
- Should know how to turn on and off the cleaning supplies
- A high school diploma is required
Dishwashers perform certain cleaning and support tasks in the kitchen, such as carrying tables, washing dishes and appliances, emptying garbage cans, whipping floors, and turning over items. And recording other activities to ensure the kitchen and cooking area is clean and prepared for guests.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is needed
- Minimal work experience is required for it
- Must have a grip on communication ability
- Time management is essential
- Should be able to stand for a maximum of 6-8 hours
- Should know all food handling techniques
Housekeepers handle light cleaning needed for the homes and commercial buildings, such as offices, hotels, and hospitals. They usually make beds, check all the necessary things used in toilets, and clean every room.
- Must have the time to manage quality
- Even if there is no one to supervise you, you should work correctly
- General cleaning and handling must be known
- A high school diploma is needed
- Must have the ability to dress and look well and interact gently with hotel guests
- Hard work is the primary need
Apartment Maintenance Technician Requirements
They are also called apartment handypersons because they help maintain the apartment. They are responsible for the general problems for every block.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have experience in maintaining apartments or homes before
- HVAC, CMRP, or equivalent certification can be proven significant
- Should be able to stand for hours
- Must be strong enough to lift 70 pounds without any help
- Consider every single detail in every corner
- They should have great interpersonal and management skills
- They must be available on weekends as well
What is the Average Salary of a Maintenance Worker?
The common pay variety for a Maintenance Worker varies greatly (with the aid of using as a whole lot as $10,000), which indicates there can be many possibilities for development and accelerated pay primarily based totally on ability level, vicinity, and years of experience.
The common annual pay for a Maintenance Worker inside the United States is $31,222 a year. The best-paid 25 percent made $51,030 that year; the lowest-paid 25 percent made $30,590. The states and districts that pay Maintenance and Repair Workers’ income are the District of Columbia ($52,720), Alaska ($50,990), and Connecticut ($49,580).
Massachusetts ($49,110) , and Hawaii ($48,790). Maintenance and reparation workers earned an average income of $ 41.960 in 2019. Comparable jobs earned the subsequent common income in 2019: Auto Mechanics made $ 44,890, exterminators earned $ 39,910, landscapers and gardeners earned $ 32,360, and janitors earned $ 30,010.
Summing up all the things, it can be concluded that either we are discussing the General Maintenance Worker job description or any maintenance, they have their worth. Like, in this era, everything is being converted into machines only for our comfort.
For sustaining a position, they have to be sufficiently qualified, skilled, and professional in their work. Moreover, this profession is well paid, especially in developed countries like the United States, at $31,222 a year.
The Primus Workforce team is proudly built on hands-on industry knowledge and experience.